Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lesse, what have I done since last class...

Well, I finished the first part of tutorial three (the rotoscoping one). I'll have to get that posted later.

My roommate informed me of a plugin for flash that allows you to set up a rig with symbols. I'm interested in it, and am considering downloading the trial version to play with it. I'm waiting a bit on that though, 'cause if I decide to use it for the final, I'll only have a 20 day period to use it. I should at least finish my storyboards and character design first. Anybody else worked with it before?
Bone Plugin Site
... anybody know of something like this out there that's free? No harm in asking, I suppose.


Well, I know our professor asked us to post our favorite animation site, but I don't explore the web enough to really know of what animation sites are out there, let alone have a favorite (I know, bad me. I should check out these things more often). I tend to stay more in the realm of webcomics and virtual pet sites, so if you want to know more about those, I'll gladly share about them. XD

Speaking of which, if I might add a shameless plug for a webcomic:
Starslip Crisis
Kris Straub runs an awesome comic that is both sci-fi and art based. You probably won't understand it off the bat if you just read the current comic; you'll have to read through the archives a bit, but he's a good storyteller. Where else will you find a comic set in the future with a warship that was retired and became a traveling museum in space, only to be brought back into service when some lunatic tries to take over the universe with a piece of artwork?

My apologies if plugs aren't allowed in our class blog; I'm just doing my part to support someone who is trying to live their dream in doing their art for their full-time job, and needs the word spread to have a wider fan base (and income). I think that's a worthy reason, right? ^__^ (After all, I'll be deep in the poor house after graduating, but then, that's the cost of college for you. Here's to all of us hopefully getting the jobs we want!)

Let's see about getting some more of those tutorials out of the way today, shall we? *gets to work*

No comments: