Monday, March 24, 2008

Post 3 - Animation for the final?

To be honest, I don't know what kind of animation I want to do for the final yet. I've worked in flash before, so I'm considering working in a different manner than I have previously. If you want an example, here's the animation I did for the Savanijam 24 hour animation competition:




I'm not sure whether I want to try symbol animation, or try a cleaner version of pose-to-pose animation. In particular, I like Adam Phillip's layouts for his Brakenwood animations (see animation under www.biteycastle.com , or the following video) and I would like to emulate that style.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the little animation you did as a sample of your work. I really like the style of the dog character. I would like to see more detail and push the animation for your project.

d said...

Nice animation. I hope to see more of it in your final for Digital Cel class. :D

Leia Mi said...

Your animation is great!
The style of Adam Phillip's animation is really awesome but difficult to produce in 2D softwares, because there are a variety of shots that have extreme angles. So I think you might want to do the background in 3D software and you may also need to use Adobe After Effects.

J said...

I love the piece you did for the jam.
The dog walking and turning near the tree was excellent. I also loved the secondary movement in the tails. Good job with that!

toddhopp said...

I like your animation for the Savannah Jam. You seem to have a good grasp of Flash. Good luck and I look forward to your concept.

Lauren Sparks said...

brackenwood is awesome. and i loved your savanijam entry! whee!!! :)